Social Rebate Store Integration
By plugging into your e-Commerce platform’s receipt page, our software allows you to incentivize your customers to share YOUR marketing with THEIR friends AFTER they purchase from your site.
Select your E-commerce platform
Return on Investment
“Sure, it sounds cool. But does it REEEAAALLLLY work?”
Yes, it’s incredibly powerful. Let’s walk through a case study.
Susan’s Swimwear sells $100,000 of trunks, bikinis, and sunscreen through her online store. Her average ticket price is $50. So, she’s making just over 5 transactions a day (on average), or about 2,000 per year.
Enter Social Rebate. Susan decides to try us out and offer a 10% maximum campaign limit, worth $5 off (based on an average $50 ticket price).
30% of Susan’s customers decide that it’s worth it (this is our typical “conversion” rate), which is around 600 people. They all share Susan’s awesome Social Rebate campaign. Following me so far?
The average social user has about 200 online friends (based on 2012 Nielsen stats), so the maximum audience who could see the Social Rebate campaign is 120,000 people (think of them as impressions, given that some customers may have the same friends).
Now, the customer instantly gets back 25% of their rebate ($1.25) for activating their rebate on Facebook. The remaining 75% is earned when their friends click on your posted link and are directed back to your site. Let’s say you want them to each generate 5 unique clicks, worth $0.75 each.
Now for the traffic!
Being conservative, we’ll say that 98/100 of your customers’ friends don’t see the post, don’t care, or are too busy posting MEMES of their cats to notice. However, over the course of the year, those that DO click on the post will generate 2,000 new visits to your site. Assuming that only 10% of those highly valuable word-of-mouth referrals actually make a purchase, we can calculate a blended conversion rate of 0.2%. Or, for those of us who are math-challenged, only a very very very small amount of the 120,000 people who COULD see your Social Rebate campaign ACTUALLY buy something.
And here’s the power of social media connections. Over the course of the year, that’s STILL over 200 new customers, over $10,000 in new sales, over 10% revenue growth, and a whopping 316% Return on Rebate Expense (RRE, as we like to say).
What did it cost her for that exponential growth? Only $2370 in actual rebates claimed and for less than $20 per month in fees. (or, in Starbucks terms, about one venti non-fat vanilla soy latte a week).